The Lifecycle of Vue Components
Lifecycle Hooks Overview
Before we dive into specifics, let’s understand Vue’s component lifecycle. It consists of various hooks, each serving a distinct purpose throughout the creation, mounting, updating, and destruction of a Vue instance.
The Prelude: beforeCreate
What is beforeCreate?
beforeCreate hook is the earliest point in the lifecycle. At this stage, data observation, event/watcher setup, and initial render processes haven’t taken place.
- Setting up Custom Properties: You can initialize properties before the reactive data observation begins.
- Non-Reactive Setup: Actions performed here won’t trigger reactivity, making it suitable for tasks not relying on reactive data.
The Birth: created
Introduction to created
created hook follows
beforeCreate and is triggered once the Vue instance is created. At this point, the initial stage of the component’s lifecycle is complete.
- Initialization Logic: Perform tasks requiring access to reactive data.
- AJAX Requests: Ideal for fetching data asynchronously.
Leveraging the Power
- Delineate Logic: Use
beforeCreatefor setup unrelated to component data. Reserve
createdfor actions reliant on reactive data.
- Async Operations: Asynchronous operations, such as AJAX requests, find a home in the
- Reactivity Issues: Manipulating data in
beforeCreatewon’t trigger reactivity, potentially leading to unexpected behaviors.
- Scope Limitation: Variables declared in
beforeCreatemight not be accessible in subsequent hooks.